Coastal and Culture Papua New Guinea Travel Package
9 Days Madang, Kokopo and Port Moresby with Flights from $3,995*
- 9 Days/ 7 Nights, Papua New Guinea
- International Flights: Los Angeles to Brisbane (Return), Brisbane to Port Moresby (Return)
- Shuttle Transfers: Madang Airport to Accommodation (Return), Tokua Airport to Kokopo Accommodation (Return), Port Moresby Airport to Accommodation (Return)
- Accommodation: Madang (3 Nights), Kokopo (3), Port Moresby (1)
- Safely Guided Day Tours:
- Madang: Village Tour
- Kokopo: Dolphin Swim Tour, Kokopo Tour
- Papua New Guinea Domestic Flights: Port Moresby to Madang, Madang to Rabaul via Port Moresby, Rabaul to Port Moresby
- US Domestic Flights are not included, but can be added upon request
Booking Code: ST-PNG26
To Book: 888-359-2877 (M-F, 8:30am-5pm CT USA)
Permitted US Departure Dates: : Select Dates January 3 – June 28, 2020
Book by September 30, 2019
Book after September 30, 2019 from $4,749*
No place on Earth combines natural beauty, unique cultures and rich history better than Papua New Guinea.
A hidden world of stunning volcanic landscapes, coastal towns and untouched World War II sites, entangled with lush rainforest, reside within its palm-fringed islands. Friendly locals welcome you into their remote coastal cultures with the warmest smiles.
And now it’s easier than ever before to venture into Papua New Guinea, the world’s true last frontier.
We’ve crafted a travel package featuring exceptional resorts, experiences and encounters for an unforgettable journey into Papua New Guinea. With everything planned and arranged for you, let your spirit of adventure take over and take you to this incredible part of the world.
Experience a truly one-of-a-kind trip with this Coastal and Culture Papua New Guinea travel package!
Arrive into Port Moresby, the capital of Papua New Guinea, where you will take a short flight to your first destination – Madang, on the north coast of Papua New Guinea.
Enjoy 3 nights in a casual beachfront resort, enveloped in lush tropical gardens right on the water’s edge. Uninterrupted views across the harbor allow the romance of tropical sunsets to wash over you as the sun descends below distant islands.
Everything you need for a wonderful stay in Madang is right at your doorstep. With 4 swimming pools, 2 snorkeling lagoons, 2 restaurants and a coffee shop, you don’t have to worry about looking for things to do. It’s all right at your resort.
The day after your arrival in Madang, you will join a guided tour to explore the local sites and highlights around town.
- Meet your friendly and knowledgeable guide, a local who will warmly welcome you into Madang like family.
- Take in the sights and scents of fresh tropical fruits and vegetables at the Madang market, and admire the handcrafted clothing and jewelry.
- Visit the Madang Museum, a small yet fascinating space home to cultural artifacts such as ceremonial costumes, masks and anthropologic documents.
- Explore the small hideaway of Balek Wildlife Sanctuary, where eels and turtles swim in the blue sulfur creek.
- Stop at the Coastwatchers Lighthouse, also known as Kalibobo Ligihthouse, where a memorial honors those who fought in the Second World War.
After your adventure in Madang, you will have a free day to enjoy in this coastal town. Papua New Guinea is home to some of the world’s most dazzling reef sites and coral formations. You may want to join a snorkeling trip organized by your resort, or a harbor cruise around the surrounding islands. With World War II wrecks and unique marine life, the diving here is out of this world. No matter what kind of adventure you’re after, the resort staff are always at hand to find the perfect activity for you.
Settle in for a good night’s rest, for the next day you will head to Kokopo.
A short domestic flight will take you to Kokopo, the capital of East New Britain province. After the volcanic eruptions devastated the city of Rabaul, Kokopo became the new jewel of Papua New Guinea. Sitting right on the beach, Kokopo is a tropical oasis perfect as a base for exploring the rich World War II history and natural beauty of the Gazelle Peninsula.
You’ll spend 3 nights at a 4 star resort, within the lap of untouched and unexplored nature tucked away right on the beach. Its incredible views across Simpsons Harbour, toward the Duke of York Islands and Tavurvur volcano, boast magnificent tropical sunsets.
There’s always something to do in Kokopo – much more than visitors first expect. Your resort hosts are always at hand to organize tours around the Gazelle Peninsula, Rabaul, or snorkeling and diving trips.
Your resort is also wonderfully located near local wildlife hotspots. After your first night in Kokopo, you’ll wake up early to meet dozens of dolphins on a dolphin swim. Your guide will take you to a remote site where a super-pod of wild dolphins visits early in the mornings. You’ll have the chance to get in the water and see dolphins swimming right at your side!
After this unforgettable morning, join a guided tour into Kokopo town.
- Visit the Kokopo War Museum, featuring relics from WWII battles. See artifacts such as the A6M2 Zero fighter and a number of Japanese artillery pieces.
- Pay respects at the Bita Paka Cemetery, the resting place for many Australian and Commonwealth soldiers who fought in WWII, set in immaculate gardens.
- Marvel at the unique architecture of Vunapope Church, decorated in jewel-colored windows and local art pieces.
- Walk around the vibrant Kokopo market, filled with the friendliest locals selling home-grown fruits, vegetables and handcrafts.
The next day is free for you to explore Kokopo and the local surrounds. You may choose to join a guided tour of the Gazelle Peninsula, renowned for its cultural and environmental diversity. Arranged by your resort, you’ll get right to the heart of incredible WWII sites such as Japanese barge tunnels, a 5-story underground hospital and Admiral Yamamoto’s bunker, the man who planned the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
History books and pictures can do no justice to seeing these extraordinary sites for yourself.
After your insightful adventure in the coastal and historical delights of the Gazelle Peninsula, you’ll fly back to Port Moresby for your final night in Papua New Guinea. Stay 1 night in an exceptional, world class resort unparalleled in Port Moresby. Located near the airport, this 5-star resort surrounds you in not only a stylish, luxurious ambience, but also in the comfort of worry-free safety.
Rest and reflect on your travels, filled with cultural experiences and unique sights unlike anywhere else in the world. The minute you step foot back home, everyone will want to hear about your travels into the far-off coasts and cultures of Papua New Guinea.
Your travel planning begins and ends here. With all hotels, tours and flights included, you won’t have to worry about arranging a single thing. We do all the work for you so all you need to do is live out the trip of your dreams.
*Terms & Conditions: